What is it?
Acne is a common condition affecting those going through puberty. The severity can range from very mild to quite severe. Unfortunately, for a number of people this condition extends beyond puberty. Acne can be caused by hormonal imbalances, stress, and diet and nutritional deficiencies.
- Most common skin condition in Canada.
- Affected by stress, hormonal imbalances, foods, etc.
- Characterized by oily skin with either open (black heads) or closed comedones (white heads).
- May cause scarring from past episodes.
- Severity and age of suffers varies.
- Common on face, chest and upper back.
How do we treat it?
Since acne is a symptom of something going on elsewhere in the body, as naturopathic doctors, we first identify what is causing your acne. Once this is identified, our treatment will make use of gradual lifestyle changes, nutrition, medicinal support, detoxification, along with your input, to come up with a holistic treatment to deal with your acne.